||NICEIC Certification will issue a Certificate of Competence to learners who successfully attain the required standard of
||The Ground and Air Source Heat Pumps package has been developed to the requirements of the National Occupational Standard Assessment Programme for individuals who wish to
demonstrate competence in this particular field.
Successful candidates will be able to use the qualification to
apply to join an MCS Installer Scheme.
||Learners will gain an understanding of the following areas:
- Drivers and Barriers
- Introduction to Heat Pump Systems
- Principals of Operation and Components
- Health and Safety
- System Design
- Heat Sink Circuits
- Collector Circuits
- Heat Pump, Installation, Testing, and Commissioning
- Heat Pump, Maintenance
- Heat Pump, Fault Diagnosis and Repair
||Stand alone Vocationally Related Qualifications (technical
certificates) are not acceptable as an alternative to the NVQ
awards listed below.
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or equivalent earlier certification
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or equivalent earlier certification
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation) or equivalent earlier certification
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services or equivalent earlier certification
In addition, if not included in the above, current certification in:
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent earlier certification
- Water Regulations/Water Byelaws (WRAS or equivalent)
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating.